Full membership into the Guard is open to Catholic adult men, 18+, in good standing, who can serve the Mass, and have shown proof of their desire to conform to the spirituality of the Guard.
The mission of St. Michaels's Guard is to provide the highest level of discipline, reverence, and humility serving at the Lord's Holy Altar, with fervent study and practice of the rites of the Roman Catholic Church. The guardsman's dedication to knowledge, discipline, reverence, and humility allows the celebrant to enter more deeply into communion with Christ and draws the congregation into the majesty and beauty of the sacred mysteries.
The goal of the Guard is the sanctification of the guardsmen by the dedication, study, and discipline required to serve at the Lord's Altar. This is accomplished through instructing the guardsmen in the highest manner at which to serve in accordance with the rubrics and rites of the Roman Catholic Church, teaching the guardsmen in the richness, symbology, and purpose of the ceremonies they are partaking in. Through the witness of the guardsmen inspiration is given to the faithful to participate more fully in the sacred liturgy.
1. Support the Bishop and Priests in the planning and implementation of the Liturgical ceremonies according to the Liturgical calendar of the Church.
2. Promote the active and fervent participation of the faithful in the liturgical ceremonies by the witness of the guard.
3. Foster the perseverance of the Catholic male in their vocation and Christian life, seeking perfection in all interior and exterior actions.
4. Inspire the youth servers to a higher level of reverence and understanding of the sacredness of the ministry they serve in.
5. Allowing the celebrant to enter more deeply into communion with Christ by the knowledge and faithfulness of the Guard.
6. Grown closer to Christ through the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Michael.
For membership or more information, contact:
Thomas C. Kirchner
717-492-4677 or firstname.lastname@example.org